Becoming a Certified Montessori Teacher:
We often receive inquires on how one can become a certified Montessori teacher (Directors) and where they can start their training. While we do not presently offer a teacher training program, it is very important to find the right training centre which will help you reach your goals and provide you with the proper credentials.
Becoming certified requires considerable time, energy and financial commitment. So choosing a training centre that is accredited is very important to ensure that you receive not only the proper training but most importantly, the proper credentials / certificate at the end of one of the following organizations:
- Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Certified by Pokhara Montessori Training Centre (PMTC) recognized by CTEVT
- District Education Office (DEO)
- Pokhara Sub-Metropolitan City Office
Some key questions that should be asked to ensure that you will receive the proper credentials /certificate at the end of the training.
- Is the training centre accredited with one or more of the following? MOE, PMTC, CTEVT, DEO.
- Will I receive a certificate at the end of my training that is recognized by MOE, PMTC, CTEVT, DEO?
- Does the instructor hold a certificate from PMTC, CTEVT?
- Will the training centres give you references of a past few students that have gone through the training?
Prime Montessori School employs teachers with MOE / PMTC / CTEVT / DEO credentials so feel free to contact our founder if you would like further guidance or are unsure about a particular training centre you may be considering.